White Chili Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 5 minutes. Add turkey; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Add broth, beans, jalapeno, marjoram and savory; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook 15 minutes more. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into chili. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve topped with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for White Chili(6)
Sort By :
Added a can green Chili, husband raved
Is that right? 3 cups of broth? It came out very soupy, but taste was good.
Why do people insist on commenting on a recipe before they even try it? Then they don't even read the recipe correctly :) Chicken BROTH.
What a nice idea for an after-Thanksgiving meal, and a refreshing change of pace from the usual Turkey Veg Soup and Turkey Tetrazzini. I will replace the ground turkey with extra cubed leftover meat, and may use Great Northern beans, but the seasonings and the idea sound delicious. I'll be back after Thanksgiving to let you know how we liked it.
You might want to re-read the recipe ingredients, as there is no chicken in this chili.