- 12 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Chicken Enchiladas
"Needs more seasoning. Would cut in 1/2 for smaller version. But very good!"
"Lacks flavor, but I think I can fix it by adding a few ingredients."
"This is good if you don't use all that fat free/low fat phood! use real food that is not artificially sweetend or all that good fat taken out. if you are so worried about your fat intake then get off your butt and get some physical exercise."
"Simple enough to do and was well worth it."
"Recipe of Love! Everyone will enjoy."
"I omit the green onions and red peppers, and add an extra dash of cayenne, diced green chilis, and diced jalepenos. I also use whole wheat tortillas. They are great!"
"Excellent blend of flavors! I omitted the red pepper and added chopped green chilies. Husband says this recipe is a keeper!"
"Make this recipe often. It is requested often. Use regular not reduced fat anything and leave out the Jalopenos and top with my home made canned salsa"
"Excellent!I just made this - used canned jalapenos instead of fresh.Enjoyed by all!"