White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for White Chicken Chili(24)
Sort By :
This is one of the best White Chicken Chili recipes, I have made this for years and it is Excellent!!
Excellent! Never have left-overs...
Love this recipe every bite seems to explode with flavor. I added a can of corn and reduced the cayenne a bit for the benefit of my kids and it still had plenty of "kick." Definitely a keeper!
Ok my Kindle does a few things without me! This is a keeper! I used rotisserie chicken and let it simmer for 1 hour!
LWhen our (120
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >