White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for White Chicken Chili(27)
Sort By :
Love this chili! Have made this several times now, it's easy, very healthy, and DELICIOUS too! I like to make it thicker, so use 2 cans of the beans mashed and 2 whole. Highly recommend.
Yum! This was a fantastic chili recipe! It was delicious with cornbread muffins!
This is one of the best White Chicken Chili recipes, I have made this for years and it is Excellent!!
Excellent! Never have left-overs...
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >