- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for White Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"yummm...i am not one to change recipes before I try them the first time, but I have stomach problems so I made this without the chiles, cayenne and jalapeno..it was DELICIOUS!! I did add about a tablespoon of regular (not hot) chili powder and some hungarian paprika with the chicken. garlic and onion and let it toast to bring out the flavor. So sorry to the person submitting this that I had to change it a little before trying it!!!"
"Make this couple times per month. Added 14oz can of cleaned black beans and fresh cilantro."
"I cooked the northern beans the night before. It was fabulous! We had jalapeno hush puppies with it. Yum! Will certainly be a "go to" for our family."
"I used ground turkey and added shredded taco cheese at end , yum!"