White Chicken Chili Recipe
Folks will enjoy a change from the traditional when they spoon into this flavorful blend of tender chunks of chicken, white beans and just enough zip. —Taste of Home Cooking School
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- 3. Top each serving with cheese and jalapeno pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without jalapeno) equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC