White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 3-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in soup. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, cheese and sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
Cheesy just the way I like it.
This is an awesome dish would be great for a covered dish dinner.
This is a new favorite. Was great for a large family dinner.
This was a very good recipe. I substituted cream of celery for the cream of mushroom, but that was the only change. I also had to increase the cooking time by an additional 30 mins as someone else had noted. I served it with the Orange n Red Onion Salad in the same issue and roasted garlic bread.
This is a fantastic dish and a favorite in my household! The first time I made this recipe, I discovered it made too much for my baking dish and the sauce was a little thin. The next time I made this recipe, I reduced the amount of potatoes and ham by half, used 2 cups of milk instead of 3, substituted oregano for thyme, and sprinkled a mixture of cheeses with a ratio of 1/2 mozzarella : 1/4 smoked gouda : 1/4 Velveeta. I admit that the second time around, I completely forgot to add the sour cream, but I don't think the sauce was lacking any due to my omission.