White Cheddar Cheese Sauce
My go-to cheese recipe is a white cheddar cheese sauce-I make mac and cheese, scalloped potatoes and nachos with it. —Celeste Nolan, Gallipolis, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and
- salt until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in cheeses. Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.