White Casserole Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Shape into a round loaf and place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top. Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from dish to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 90 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for White Casserole Bread
"I'm an avid baker of yeasdt breads. Will so ebnjoy making this bread! Thank you for sharing. Joscy"
"This bread recipe turned out great. I would add 1/4 cup more flour to the recipe as it was too sticky without it. I will make this bread again."