- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into a round loaf and place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top. Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from dish to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for White Casserole Bread
"I'm an avid baker of yeasdt breads. Will so ebnjoy making this bread! Thank you for sharing. Joscy"
"This bread recipe turned out great. I would add 1/4 cup more flour to the recipe as it was too sticky without it. I will make this bread again."