White Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed cake mix into a festive finale to any meal. My husband isn't a chocolate fan, so this is a great substitute. I'm often asked for the recipe.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl; gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for White Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2014
"So simple, a good friend requests it every year for her birthday."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2012
"Great Tasting I used Ice cream Strawberry glazed Topping it work out well.."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC