White Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed cake mix into a festive finale to any meal. My husband isn't a chocolate fan, so this is a great substitute. I'm often asked for the recipe.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate
- until serving.
- Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl;
- gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.