"My husband and I are fans of canned beans...especially when they're combined with pasta," shares Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois. "This quick-to-fix recipe makes a wonderful after-work meal served with whole wheat rolls and a salad with light vinaigrette dressing."
- 8 ounces rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons miced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir int the mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the kale. Return to boil. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to bean mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as White Beans With Rigatoni in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p45
Reviews for White Beans with Rigatoni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review