- zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring
- to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5
- minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Serve bean
- mixture with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup bean mixture with 3/4 cup couscous equals 350 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 13 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now