White Bean Turkey Chili
Looking for a hearty but healthy chili for your crew? Well, look no further, Dorothy Muenzer serves this robust meal to her Perry, New York gang and they keep coming back more. Chock-full of ground turkey, white kidney beans and diced tomatoes, it's so full of flavor, your family won't even miss the ground beef!
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney beans or 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the turkey and onions over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add oregano and
- cumin; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, broth,
- tomato sauce, chili powder, cocoa, bay leaves, salt and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add
- beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 276 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium,