Looking for a hearty but healthy chili for your crew? Well, look no further, Dorothy Muenzer serves this robust meal to her Perry, New York gang and they keep coming back more. Chock-full of ground turkey, white kidney beans and diced tomatoes, it's so full of flavor, your family won't even miss the ground beef!
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney beans or 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the turkey and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add oregano and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cocoa, bay leaves, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as White Bean Turkey Chili in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p54
Reviews for White Bean Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review