- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney beans or 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the turkey and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add oregano and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cocoa, bay leaves, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add beans; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for White Bean Turkey Chili
"This will now be our families Staple chili recipe."
"We made the following additions to the above ingredients: ½ Large Yellow Pepper, 1 TB Sugar, 1 tsp Red Pepper (Cayenne) see note below, 1 TB Garlic (jarred), 3 TB chili Powder and 1 (7 oz.) Smoked turkey Sausage (finely chopped in mini-food processor).We did not put in the Cinnamon. We don't like Cinnamon in our chili. We replaced one can of the white kidney / cannellini beans with a can of dark red kidney beans. NOTE: It was a little too hot for my wife. We will add less red pepper and chili powder in the next making.It was great!!"