White Bean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, olives and onion; add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.