"I adapted this recipe from one in my local newspaper," writes Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "The zippy Dijon dressing adds interest to the beans, tuna, olives and onion. It makes a filling and healthy lunch that I like to take to work.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, olives and onion; add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Bean Tuna Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p59
Reviews for White Bean Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review