White Bean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, olives and onion; add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for White Bean Tuna Salad
Sort By :
I've made this salad several times and we love it. Sometimes I've omitted the olives if there were none on hand, and it's just as good without them. I also don't use the chopped red onion; I just add some dry minced onion to the dressing, or sometimes I've used sliced green onions. We like this a lot. I'd agree with a previous reviewer that it's best to prepare and chill this early in the day, or even the night before, for the best flavor.
I've made this twice already and it is on the menu for next week. The trick with this recipe is to make it early in the day so the red wine vinegar can be absorbed by all of the ingredients. If you eat it immediately it is way too vinegary.
We made this yesterday and served it over pasta; the salad just needed something to fill it out. My husband wouldn't eat more than his first couple bites.
I had it on saltines later after that, but it still wasn't very good.
I tried it again on saltines the next day (today) and it is MUCH better.
Still don't think I'll make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >