White Bean Tomato Salad Recipe
This end-of-summer favorite is light and fresh. It's ideal for using up the last of your garden's produce.—Mary Merchant, Island Pond, Vermont
- 2-1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with salt; let stand for 1 hour. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add tomatoes; toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC