This end-of-summer favorite is light and fresh. It's ideal for using up the last of your garden's produce.—Mary Merchant, Island Pond, Vermont
- 2-1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with salt; let stand for 1 hour. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add tomatoes; toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Bean Salad in Country Woman September/October 2004, p36
Reviews for White Bean Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
"I used 2 cans of beans and one can of diced tomatoes. It was very good."