White Bean Sausage Soup Recipe
This is such a delicious and flavorful soup. It is sure to warm up any winter night and is so smooth.—Linda Miranda, Wakefield, Rhode Island
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Spoon cheese into six mounds 3 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread into 1-1/2-in. circles. Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan, saute garlic for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, cream, sherry if desired, parsley, salt, thyme and a dash of cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 4. Transfer to a blender; cover and process on high until almost blended. Pour into soup bowls; sprinkle with sausage mixture and Parmesan crisps. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 425 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,218 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC