White Bean Salad Recipe
Great northern beans and a classic oil-and-vinegar dressing put an updated spin on traditional bean salad. The vibrant color and fantastic flavor make it a hit at summer parties.Jane Rossen, Binghamton, New York
- 2 cups dried great northern beans
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sort beans and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, onion, olives and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as White Bean Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p198
Reviews for White Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review