White Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cannellini beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Pita bread, corn chips or vegetable dippers
- 1. In a food processor or blender, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Chill. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles, corn chips or fresh vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 tablespoon: 29 calories, 0.550g fat (0g saturated fat), 0.550mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for White Bean Dip
"I increased the garlic and hot pepper sauce. Next time I'll add a tablespoon of sesame tahini."
"I think this is great and I added a can of artichoke hearts and the juice of a whole lemon or lime! Very healthy and tasty!"