White Bean Dip
My family and I enjoy eating this with tortilla chips, crackers and just about anything else we can find to dip into itincluding our fingers!
We truly do live out in the country. Our area's so remote that we don't even have a telephone! My husband and I have four children, and I try lots of the recipes I find in Country Woman.
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cannellini beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Pita bread, corn chips or vegetable dippers
- In a food processor or blender, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and process until smooth. Chill. Serve with toasted pita bread
- triangles, corn chips or fresh vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One tablespoon serving (prepared with skim yogurt and no added salt) equals 1/2 starch; also 29 calories, 78 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat.