My family and I enjoy eating this with tortilla chips, crackers and just about anything else we can find to dip into it—including our fingers! We truly do live out in the country. Our area's so remote that we don't even have a telephone! My husband and I have four children, and I try lots of the recipes I find in Country Woman.
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cannellini beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Pita bread, corn chips or vegetable dippers
- In a food processor or blender, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Chill. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles, corn chips or fresh vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as White Bean Dip in Country Woman January/February 1992, p33
Reviews for White Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review