White Bean Crostini Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sliced ripe olives and additional fresh thyme, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine the beans, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add olives and thyme; process until blended.
- 2. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon bean mixture. Garnish with olives and thyme if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for White Bean Crostini
"Excellent appetizer. My husband loved it and that's saying a lot!!"
"I dislike beans, but this tasty appetizer is a winner! Very tasty and easy to make."