- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sliced ripe olives and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a food processor, combine the beans, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add olives and thyme; process until blended.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon bean mixture. Garnish with olives and thyme if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as White Bean Crostini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p40
Reviews for White Bean Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"Excellent appetizer. My husband loved it and that's saying a lot!!"
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011
"I dislike beans, but this tasty appetizer is a winner! Very tasty and easy to make."