White Bean Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 243 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for White Bean Chicken Stew
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.