White Bean Chicken Stew Recipe
Field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma dreamed up this hearty stew chock-full of white beans and chicken chunks. For a spicier version, simply add more jalapeno peppers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Bean Chicken Stew in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Bean Chicken Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2010
This was an amazing soup!! Our whole family really enjoyed this flavorable soup!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >