- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, beans and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Bean Chicken Stew
Sort By :
This was a very good, simple recipe. However, I would not consider it a stew, much more of a thick soup or mild white chili.
This was an amazing soup!! Our whole family really enjoyed this flavorable soup!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >