White Bean Bisque Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Spoon Parmesan cheese into six mounds 3 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread into 1-1/2-in. circles. Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- 2. In a saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan, saute garlic for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, cream, sherry if desired, parsley, salt, thyme and a dash of cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 4. Transfer to a blender; cover and process on high until almost blended. Pour into soup bowls; sprinkle with sausage mixture and Parmesan crisps. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with turkey sausage and reduced-sodium broth) equals 440 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein.