This is one of my favorite summertime salads. Fresh parsley, tarragon and chives give the homemade dressing special flavor. Packaged pre-cut matchstick carrots make it a snap to fix! —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the beans, carrot, red peppers and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with bean mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as White Bean and Spinach Salads in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p41
Reviews for White Bean and Spinach Salads
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review