- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 10 pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup beans. Add the olives, 1 tablespoon parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with mashed bean mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, and remaining beans and parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as White Bean 'n' Olive Toasts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p46
Reviews for White Bean 'n' Olive Toasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review