My daughter and I like to try new recipes. We were out of chocolate chips one day, so we came up with this cookie using white chips.—Debbie Johnson, Winona Lake, IN
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in baking chips and extract until smooth. Add oats and, if desired, cherries; stir until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as White Almond No-Bake Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p112
Reviews for White Almond No-Bake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2016
"I was looking for easy and gluten free. Using gluten free oats, these fit the bill. But they were so sweet we couldn't eat them. And they had an artificial taste. I don't know why as I used pure almond extract. We threw them away."