White 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 172 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for White 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes
"We were not fans of these."
"Yummy! Added a tiny bit of brown sugar to them. Will make again!"
"A nice alternative to regular mashed potatoes! I will definitely make these again."
"The combination of the two potatoes is a wonderful change...very good taste."