White 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Sweet potatoes are a staple of Southern cooking here in North Carolina. Combined with russet potatoes, this recipe makes simple mashed potatoes a very special treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC