- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forWhite 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes
"We were not fans of these."
"Yummy! Added a tiny bit of brown sugar to them. Will make again!"
"A nice alternative to regular mashed potatoes! I will definitely make these again."
"The combination of the two potatoes is a wonderful change...very good taste."