- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes in Country April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for White 'n' Sweet Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2014
We were not fans of these.
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
Yummy! Added a tiny bit of brown sugar to them. Will make again!
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
A nice alternative to regular mashed potatoes! I will definitely make these again.
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2009
The combination of the two potatoes is a wonderful change...very good taste.