Whiskey Sirloin Steak for Two
Moist, tender and slightly sweet from the marinade, this juicy steak boasts wonderful flavor and oh-so-easy preparation. Serve with potatoes and a green vegetable for a complete meal.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with
- cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each
- side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.