Moist, tender and slightly sweet from the marinade, this juicy steak boasts wonderful flavor and oh-so-easy preparation. Serve with potatoes and a green vegetable for a complete meal. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Whiskey Sirloin Steak for Two in Healthy Cooking
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Whiskey Sirloin Steak for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review