- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, cheddar cheese slices and barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
On a greased grill, cook burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve burgers on rolls with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Whiskey Cheddar Burgers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Whiskey Cheddar Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review