Whipped Vegetable Trio Recipe
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh chives or parsley, optional
- 1. Place the first four ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add the salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid. Mash until creamy. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 258 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Whipped Vegetable Trio
"This is a great alternative to mashed potatoes - I have also tried substituting turnip for the carrots - also great. Add a bit of cream for more richness."