Whipped Squash Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring squash, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt if desired to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- 2. Drain; transfer to a bowl. Add butter, brown sugar, nutmeg and remaining salt if desired; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
0.700 cup: 86 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Whipped Squash
"Ok flavor, easy to make. Good winter squash recipe to have around."
"this is the 4th time i made this. it is a great replacement for potato. i am using a little chicken broth this time"
"I also added about 1/8 tsp of cinnamon ....and a splash of maple syrup. Yum!"
"So good we have this all the time !"
"Good! I used another reviewers recommendation and used cinnamon instead of salt! (although my DH did think they were sweet potatoes and said hmmm...these don't taste like what you made a few weeks ago! I had to let him know it was squash not potatoes LOL)."
"this recipe for butternut squash was delic!the only thing i had done to put more taste into it was cinnamon since i didnt use salt. but besides that it was creamy and m m good!"
"This had very good flavor. I loved the nutmeg and it paired well with a little pepper and salt. I added a little chicken broth to make it a little creamier. The family loved this"