- 3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- Nonpareils and/or halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended.
- With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16-18 dozen.
Reviews for Whipped Shortbread
Sort By :
"The taste was very good, not too sweet, but I just couldn't get it to roll out. Every time I tried it just fell apart and crumbled. I ended up putting it one pan and cooking it like shortbread, then cutting into wedges. Shame as I wanted it to be cookies to take to a lunch party."
"These are great! The recipe does make a lot."
"I just finished making these and they are sooo delicious!! I did cut the recipe in half only because I thought it would be too many cookies for us. But since I used my small scoop, I only got three dozen cookies (which is plenty for us) We love sweets so even though I cut the recipe in half, I still added 1 whole cup of confectioners' sugar so it would be sweeter, but still thought it needed a little more sugar. The ones I added jelly to were perfect in sweetness though :) oh and I also added 1tsp vanilla (personal preference) We LOVE them!! Thank you for sharing. This will be my go to recipe for shortbread cookies!! :DOne more thing, work the dough until it's not sticky any more. They will not be grainy and they WILL melt in your mouth :)"
"They were not good at all. Had such high hopes."
"On the plus side, I like the easiness of the cookies and the ingredients are items readily accessible in the pantry. I found them to be pretty lacking in flavor though. I think if I attempt these again, I will add vanilla as others have suggested."