Whipped Potatoes Recipe
"More, please," is what you'll hear when you serve these light and creamy potatoes. Seasoned with just a hint of garlic, they go great with any meat. Mom appreciates the fact that she can make them ahead and bake them just before serving.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic salt, salt and pepper; mix until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 200 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC