- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup hot fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley or chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and place in a food processor. Add the milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and process until blended. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Whipped Potatoes and Carrots
"My mother did this 40 some odd yrs. ago to get the kids to eat more vegtables. She told them it was special colored Mash Potatoes. They loved them."
"Do these need to be made with russet or red potatoes or can I use sweet potatoes?"
"This is so good. My mother used to make it for us when we were kids. It never fails to please!"
"This recipe has a nice flavor for fewer calories than traditional mashed potatoes. The texture is a bit less substantial feeling, but I liked the change.If it's not critical to your diet, these are much improved by adding 1 more Tbs butter, and a little more salt. Since we tend to like our potatoes with more seasoning, I also added garlic powder and onion powder, omitting nutmeg.I will definitely make this again, but with the extra butter and seasonings. This is a good recipe anyway, but for someone needing to cut calories, this recipe is definitely great."