Whipped Potatoes and Carrots
These vegetables become special when you whip them together. We love their creamy, slightly chunky consistency and subtle nutmeg seasoning. They’re wonderful with roast beef.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, IN
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup hot fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley or chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots; cover
- and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and place in a food processor. Add the milk, butter, salt,
- pepper and nutmeg. Cover and process until blended. Sprinkle with
- parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 103 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.