Whipped Potatoes and Carrots Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup hot fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley or chives, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Drain and place in a food processor. Add the milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and process until blended. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 103 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.