These vegetables become special when you whip them together. We love their creamy, slightly chunky consistency and subtle nutmeg seasoning. They’re wonderful with roast beef.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, IN
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup hot fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley or chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and place in a food processor. Add the milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and process until blended. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Potatoes and Carrots in Country Woman December/January 2010, p38
Reviews for Whipped Potatoes and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review