Whipped Potatoes Recipe
"More, please," is what you'll hear when you serve these light and creamy potatoes. Seasoned with just a hint of garlic, they go great with any meat. Mom appreciates the fact that she can make them ahead and bake them just before serving.Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic salt, salt and pepper; mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p35
Reviews for Whipped Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2011
Very good. I used red potatoes and they turned out great. Hubby said they were awesome. Will make again and again.