Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes
Bored with your usual potato recipes? Wake up taste buds with this whipped sensation. The crunchy pecan topping, brown sugar and hint of orange will have everyone asking for seconds.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes until smooth. Beat in the egg, brown
- sugar, orange juice, butter, sour cream, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.