Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Bored with your usual potato recipes? Wake up taste buds with this whipped sensation. The crunchy pecan topping, brown sugar and hint of orange will have everyone asking for seconds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat potatoes until smooth. Beat in the egg, brown sugar, orange juice, butter, sour cream, orange peel and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC