Bored with your usual potato recipes? Wake up taste buds with this whipped sensation. The crunchy pecan topping, brown sugar and hint of orange will have everyone asking for seconds.
Recommended: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes until smooth. Beat in the egg, brown sugar, orange juice, butter, sour cream, orange peel and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p53
Reviews for Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review