Whipped Cream Pound Cake
This cake never lasts long at family gatherings. Slices taste terrific whether seved alone or when topped with fresh fruit.
Shirley Tincher, Zanesville, Ohio
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Stir in the extracts. Add flour
- alternately with cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 325° for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired.
- Yield: 2 cakes (10-12 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 275 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a