Whipped Cream Pound Cake Recipe
This cake never lasts long at family gatherings. Slices taste terrific whether seved alone or when topped with fresh fruit. —Shirley Tincher, Zanesville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh fruit, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the extracts. Add flour alternately with cream, beating just until combined.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (10-12 servings each).
1 slice: 275 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Whipped Cream Pound Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC