This cake never lasts long at family gatherings. Slices taste terrific whether seved alone or when topped with fresh fruit. —Shirley Tincher, Zanesville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the extracts. Add flour alternately with cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (10-12 servings each).
Originally published as Whipped Cream Pound Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p82
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Whipped Cream Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review