Whipped Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the extracts. Add flour alternately with cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (10-12 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Whipped Cream Pound Cake(1)
Sort By :
Super cake, was out of lemon extract so I used Raspberry extract. I think this cake would be great with any flavor you like. Everyone loved it. Best pound cake I have ever eaten!!!!!