Whipped Cream Krumkake Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sweet butter for krumkake plates
- 1. Beat eggs in bowl until very light. Add sugar gradually, beating to blend. Slowly add melted butter, then whipped cream and nutmeg. Mix in flour. (Dough will be consistency of cookie dough.) Chill dough thoroughly.
- 2. Preheat krumkake plates over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped on plates. Brush plates with sweet butter; place 1 slightly rounded tablespoon dough in center of lower plate; close iron and press handles together. If excess dough comes out sides, remove with table knife.
- 3. Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on other side. Remove krumkake and immediately roll over cone-shaped form. Place seam side down on parchment paper to cool; remove form.
- 4. Fill cooled cones with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3 dozen krumkake.
2 each: 161 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Whipped Cream Krumkake
"Excellent! I also add cardamom instead of nutmeg."
"This sounds a lot like my recipe except I add cardamom inside of nutmeg. My grown children demand this for Christimas.Good recipe!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.